Isaiah 55:2 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
Ecclesiastes 7:12 Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor.
Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.
Proverbs 17:16 Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no desire to get wisdom?
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Proverbs 23:4 Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit.
Ecclesiastes 11:6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hand be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will equally do well.
There are only three things we can do with our money; we could WASTE IT, SPEND IT or INVEST IT.
So, if you agree with those three things we do with our Money, then you will agree with me that “Money always gives us an identity”, its either
- You are a foolish person – those who waste money.
- You are an average person – those who spend money.
- You are a wise person – those who invest money.
So the question, you need to sincerely answer what identity does the money you make gives you?
This morning by the help of Christ Jesus, I want us to conduct a personal deliverance on ourselves and break free from Money wasters. We need to get financial intelligence on How to MAKE MONEY, MANAGE MONEY & MULTIPLY MONEY. Because I have come to realized that its not how much you make that matters, it is what you do with what you make. God is interested in what we do with the resources, He gives to us; so as to qualify us for more resources. (Luke 12:48b)
Few years ago, myself and wife decided to record every penny that we make or that passes through our hands. We were amazed by the thousands of Naira, which has constantly flowed in our home without us noticing it. We thought and almost believed that we were operating under a curse or old folktales/ tradition of “Licking Pockets”. Our deliverance finally came when we gleaned and applied the guidelines I will be sharing with us.
Your money will lick away or waste away because you never planned where it should go. Always come up with a plan before money comes into your hand.
GUIDELINES AGAINST MONEY WASTERS
- Make sure you discipline yourself against “Impulse Spending” – don’t allow your emotions get a better part of you.
- Rise above “what people will say” – stop fitting into everybody’s perception or description about you.
- Don’t invest or put your money in what you don’t understand. Always investigate before you invest your money. Do your research, investigate before investing your money.
- Don’t invest or put your money on what you don’t need.
CHECKLIST FOR WISE SPENDING
(Ensure you have ticked YES for all these ten items before you can go ahead to make that purchase or be involved in that transaction)
- Do I really need it? (Needs, wants or desire)
- Is the price right?
- Is the timing right?
- Is there an alternative to the item you want to purchase?
- Is it easy to maintain? Easy to run?
- Is my spouse in support? (for those that are married) always get the support of your spouse before spending and investing it.
- Will the value of the thing, you are about to buy increase over time?
- Will it increase the quality of your life?
- Compare prices before any transaction?
- Ask yourself, the way I am feeling now…will I still feel that same way after purchasing or buying this thing?